Biggest Surprises Of 2008 So Far
1. Tampa Bay Rays – this team used to be called the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, yes people this is the same team. After 10 straight losing seasons the Rays are the best team in baseball.
2. Detroit Tigers – They started 0-7 and have a losing record since then as well. Terrible pitching with great hitting that doesn’t produce means this World Series favourite to be one of the worst in the AL.
3. Seattle Mariners – With some good pick ups over the off season the M’s are the worst team in the majors after 50 games.
4. St. Louis Cardinals – the Cards have returned to the competitive fold in the NL Central, they are as good as the Red Sox record wise as of this writing.
5. San Diego Padres – Last place and well off the pace, who knows what is happening in the NL West. This team plays a dreadful brand of ball.
6. Florida Marlins – I haven’t seen a single game but they are winning alot of them. Lost the last two to the Mets and the Phils have just about caught them. Welcome back to earth Jeffery A-HoL-oria.
7. Colorado Rockies – It will take 2 17 game winning streaks to catch the D-Backs this year.
8. Chipper Jones – hitting .418. He is 36 years old. His best hitting year was last year as well. I thought that MLB and Congress people did away with dudes who are old playing well.
9. Barry Zito – I know he sucks but he starts the season just as the Detoit Tigers did. He is 1-8 now. His defenders say he doesn’t get any run support but he gives the opponents plenty of opportunity with a 1.8 WHIP.