My spring training trip is now over and I am sad. But also happy, because opening day is around the corner. If you missed my coverage of the Jays spring training this past week, you can access it all below:
- The Spring Training Experience
- Dunedin: Day 1
- Quick Update: Dustin McGowan, Kyle Drabek & Brett Wallace
- Dunedin: Day 2 – Part 1
- Dunedin: Day 2 – Part 2 (Bright House Field)
- Dunedin: Day 3
- Dunedin: Day 4
- Dunedin: Day 5 – The Conclusion
As well, we have some coverage from 2009 if you are interested:
- Attention: Dunedin Spring Training Veterans
- The Dunedin Spring Training Experience Part 1
- The Dunedin Spring Training Experience Part 2
What I learned from this spring training experience had nothing to do with the team. It was that Toronto’s fanbase is not as Ontario-centric as I originally perceived it to be. Jays fans in Dunedin came from all over Canada: Okotoks Alberta, Kelowna British Columbia, New Brunswick and the North Western Territories.. to name but a few.
Although I don’t have great expectations for the team to win many games, I know that it will be fun watching them try. I now have a sense of optimism that I never had before, thanks to this spring training.